Friday, March 14, 2014

Dear Sun

Dear Sun, thank you for shining on me today.

Sun rises in the island city of Samal, Davao del Sur.







When you leisurely peeped in my window this morning, your vibrancy warmed me inside and woke all my slumbering senses.

Water hyacinths open up to the early morning sun in Lake Sebu, South Cotabato.

The moment you wrapped me with your light, I allowed myself to melt like the last winter snow softening into dew kisses on leaves of trees. 

I felt my skin opened up with your affectionate embrace like the rousing petals of the blooms in the garden in spring.


The sun paints the morning sky in Tagbiliran, Bohol.

Oh how pleasurable you are when you slowly lighted up the cerulean blue of the sky with your radiance! I knew then that my day would be complete even if the cottony clouds linger to soak up the splendor of you or even if it rains.

The scene before the sun sets in Kiamba, Sarangani.

Because just when the last of your golden rays bled and gave in to the shadows and the beautiful mystery of the night, remember that somewhere here, beyond the horizon you so loved to come home to, there’s a dreamer who longs for you.

Boys watch the sun bleed before finally fading into the horizon.

Until tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment